Saturday, November 19, 2011

I Have Other Shares To Fry

I found my replacement to clean house for the rich, old Stockbridges, years ago. Although the work was easy and the pay was good, slow paced, chatty Lindy was a much better match for lonely Mrs. S, than I was. I am a busy worker bee with no time for chit chat.

Mrs. S. says I have trouble "sharing," by which she means gossiping.

I would share my last sandwich, and I intend to share my songs with whomever cares, but I make a concerted effort not to gossip. I am the one who supplies fodder to gossip about---the gossippee perhaps. But back to songs.....

I don't know how or why I hear songs in my head, but because songs come to me, I feel an inherent obligation to share them, and as I've mentioned before, it feels as though a song is a captured bird unless you let it fly free into the world.

Whether people except my (re)gifts is entirely not my business, but for my part I must share.

No comments:

Post a Comment