Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Empty Nest is Not Empty

I have an empty nest, true, but I am realizing motherhood is forever, and I have many gifts left to share with my grown children and their families.
1) I need to thrive so they have no worries about me. They can think about me and smile.
2) I need to be healthy and clearheaded until the end of my life. I do not want to be a burden.
3) I want to be there for my children and my future grandchildren. I want to live long.
4) I want to be healthy of mind and spirit, as well as body, so my children will want my grandchildren to be around me. I want to love and share and show my grandchildren the world through my whimsical eyes. I want my children to see the magic they have forgotten, our magic, the magic we made with love, learning, laughter, and song.
5) No matter how old my children are, I want to hug them, hug them tight. If they need me, I will be there.
6) I want no news to always mean good news. I will communicate but if I don't, my children will always know I'm doing great, and vice versa.
7) I must be financially secure: No rescues from my children. I need to be smart and plan this well at this juncture. As this is my weak spot, it will take some concentration and effort to achieve financial security. This should be my focus now until it is achieved. It is still uncertain how: I want to be compensated for being writer of story and song and feel this is entirely achievable and doable and righteous. I can also be a librarian who writes or a touring singer/songwriter. I feel as if I can still follow my passions and make a living, but it can't be a squeaking by existence as it's been or I'll be a beggar at my life's end.

No comments:

Post a Comment