Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Purpose and Chaos

"Man is but a reed.... but he is a thinking reed."
                                      -Blaise Pascal-

"I think therefore I am."
                                 -René Descartes-



I feel therefore I am.

I get pissed off therefore I am.

My heart aches. My mind is sore,  then I am reborn, therefore I am.

When an em-path, and a chameleon, these tests of being are crucial in checks and rechecks.

I exist. Now, what to do with it?

Why am I?
Do I make up my reason to be?
Or does my purpose exist and its up to me to travel my hills and dales to find it?
Do I know my purpose, secretly, and am afraid of what lies ahead?
Is my purpose in me or in the world or both?
Could it be anything or is my purpose specifically tailored for me?
Do we make up our purpose, us busy, buzzing bees?
Back to the question: Does everything happen for a reason?
Looking back I see purpose and chaos dancing.
I see they could never change unless one had the other. We could never change. Demolition, decay, heartache must tear down for the Spring of Purpose to come to town. We enjoy the fruits of our labor at harvest and hunker down for the chaos and death of Winter, only to begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment