Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Swift Kicks in the Pants. and Bites in the Butt

I might as well have had a target on my posterior, bent over ready for the boot.
4 Big Kicks in the Butt I Got for my Vanity and my Spirit of Giving Back in the Name of my friend, the late Sam Moss. 
Vanity: Reverb Nation had a special free trial offer and I thought why not and thought it was fun to watch my name climb the site billboards. It made me wonder how it worked and because I realized it was a closed system at best, climbing their charts meant you paid for premium services. I like to see features and whether they are necessary and decided this site is a good way to share music if you have a large following or if you stick to all the free features it is a good place to post songs for others to hear. Meanwhile no notice was given to me that my free trial was expiring and I had kept no reminder to self, so I bounced 3 checks.
Vanity Hurts.
My other painful kick was a 4th bounced check. After my hitherto free services bounced my 3 checks, ebay collected on my donation to breast cancer research., and bounced a 4th check. I decided to donate 25% in honor of Sam-his wife Dido died of breast cancer. Charity hurts. Vanity and Charity bit me in the butt.
All the bounced checks have made me in the negative, negating all the work I did the month of October selling and shipping on ebay. Plus I still owe my son his half ---eaten up by my bounce.
Ouch. Ouch. Ouch and Ouch again. 4 swift kicks when I could have learned with a simple warning letter.
Oh, my aching arse.
But I have to just forget it, sitting on pillows until the bruises heal.
My aching bum is nothing in the scheme of things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment